by Jess Hinds
BEFORE YOU WRITE CHECKLIST
1. Have you settled into a comfortable space with everything you might need?
2. Do you have water?
3. Have you turned off your phone and disconnected from wifi?
4. Have you written down your goals/intentions for this writing session?
5. Have you taken a few moments to let go of anything that will not serve you in this writing session?
6. Have you taken long deep breaths to help calm your nervous system and get some oxygen to your brain?
7. Have you connected with your character/s?
8. Have you taken a few moments to step into your character in the time and place that your scene begins?
9. Have you allowed yourself to fully feel the weight of what is happening to them at the moment?
10. Can you feel the characters emotional need?
11. Can you visualize their tangible want?
AFTER YOU WRITE CHECKLIST
1. Did you thank your character and let them know that you will be back?
2. Did you take a few breathes to let go of your scene and return back to your own life?
3. Did you cross off your goals and celebrate accomplishing them?
4. Did you categorize today as a successful writing day because today you wrote, and the definition of a writer is someone who writes?
5. Did you schedule into your calendar your next writing session time, location, and goal?
Written by a dyslexic, proof read by an apathetic foreigner.
39 West 29th Street 2nd Floor New York, NY
The Science & Art of Writing was founded by award winning writer & certified yoga instructor Jessica Hinds.